Homeowners Insurance in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, Morrisville, Cary, NC, and the Surrounding Areas

When purchasing a home in Raleigh, Durham, Winston-Salem and the surrounding areas, you will need homeowner’s coverage that will protect your assets. For most, a home is one of the largest investments made and it will need the proper protection to cover not only the home, but its contents. Whether you own a home, condo or rent, we can provide you with proper homeowner’s insurance, which offers you financial protection, in case of an accident or disaster, not including flood or earthquake.

Happy family standing in front of their Home with Homeowners Insurance in Raleigh, NCHome Insurance Protection

Homeowners insurance protects homeowners from damage and losses caused by storms, fires and burglaries. A homeowner’s policy typically covers part or all your financial losses. When looking for homeowner’s insurance, understand that there are four main parts of any insurance agreement. Those include:

Dwelling Coverage: This covers the interior and exterior of the actual physical structure of the home. This includes plumbing, electrical wiring, central air conditioning and heating systems.

Personal Property: Covering items in your home, such as electronics, appliances, furniture and clothing. It also covers other possessions inside your home.

Liability: If someone gets hurt on your property and sues you, this will cover some or all of their medical costs. It also covers your guest’s personal property while they are at your home.

Loss of Use: If you are unable to live in your home due to extensive damage, loss of use will cover your cost of living and any transportation expenses you incur, while your home is under repair.

Rental Property Insurance

When renting a property, your renter’s insurance will cover your personal items. Personal items are electronics, furniture, clothing and appliances. It can also cover your living expenses, if your apartment has become uninhabitable due to a fire. Renter’s insurance covers theft of your personal items from your apartment, which means electronics such as laptops or jewelry will be covered. Rental insurance will also cover you in a liability lawsuit, if someone slips and falls on your property and sues you.

Whether you live in your own home, a condo, rental property or mobile home, we can help you find the right insurance coverage. We also provide insurance for vacant homes and homes under construction, fire policies, umbrella policies and policies to cover artwork and jewelry. Multi-Policy Discounts are also available.

Condo Insurance
for Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Winston-Salem, High Point, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, and the Surrounding Areas

When purchasing a condo, the insurance is similar to a homeowner’s policy, but it’s important to know the differences and what you will be responsible for, in case of damage. When purchasing a condo, owners should understand what the association insurance policy covers. Once you have read the association policy, you can purchase condo insurance for what you are personally responsible for covering. Once your policy is in place, it’s important to check in with your association every year, to make sure they haven’t changed the insurance policy, which could leave your coverage lacking. If changes have been made, we are happy to help you with adjustments or new condo insurance, to make sure you are covered properly.

Hurricane, Flood, and Earthquake Policies to Protect your Home

When purchasing homeowner’s insurance, it’s important to check if you are in a flood zone. Flood insurance coverage is not offered in standard insurance policies. We can help you determine the answer and find you the proper flood insurance, if needed.  If your area is prone to hurricanes or earthquakes, we can help you find the right insurance coverage.

Contractor reviewing damage for Home Insurance claim in Morrisville, NC

We cover the ‘what if’ moments

Reducing the inconvenience of a loss

Most people understand the fundamental protection provided by a homeowner’s policy.  However, there are other considerations beyond the house and its contents.  For instance, what happens when:

  • You have to pay for a place to live while yours is being repaired?
  • A guest is injured on your property?
  • Your son hits a baseball that breaks your neighbor’s window?

Your Insurance Center of Durham agent will explain the coverage provided by your homeowner’s (or renter’s) policy so you’ll avoid so many of the frustrations in the event of a covered loss.

Homeowner’s Insurance options include, but are not limited to:

  • Homes
  • Rental property
  • Townhomes
  • Apartments
  • Condos
  • Mobile Homes
  • Vacant Homes
  • Homes under construction
  • Fire Policies
  • Umbrella
  • Hurricane
  • Flood
  • Earthquake
  • Tornado
  • Jewelry, Artwork, etc
  • Multi-Policy Discounts are available